Abdulai & Associates’ dedication to the business of sports runs broad and deep. For over five years, we have represented major sports organizations, among them FC Kallon, Old Edwardians Football Club. We have also represented numerous individual teams and their owners, as well as prospective owners looking to enter the industry through team acquisitions. Sports industry participants regularly seek our advice for complex, industry-shaping legal questions covering such diverse matters as antitrust counseling, collective bargaining, copyright enforcement, financings, governance, litigation, media rights development, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory affairs, sponsorships, and state, federal, and international tax.
Abdulai & Associates represents a vast range of sports clients, including:
• All of the major Sierra Leone professional sports leagues;
• Domestic and international amateur athletic associations, including college conferences and individual universities;
• Individual teams and stadium/arena entities;
• Team and league owners, lenders, and investors;
• Individuals and groups interested in acquiring sports franchises;
• League, team, and facility naming-rights sponsors; and
• Municipalities and stadium/arena authorities.
Abdulai & Associates’ lawyers – just like our clients – offer some of the best credentials in the sports business. Abdulai & Associates understands the evolving business of sports and the diverse legal needs of a unique industry that operates across several different legal disciplines.
Abdulai & Associates is long known for its domestic sports work, but our sports practice extends well beyond Sierra Leone borders. We handle international sports finance and acquisition transactions as well as international media and sponsorship
Operating as a single practice group across the firm’s Sierra Leone offices, Abdulai & Associates sports lawyers recognize how lucky we are to practice in such an innovative, entertaining, and — at times — hard-hitting industry. We bring that enthusiasm to our work, and we invite you to learn more about specific aspects of our sports practice by clicking on any of the links.